Google+ is a social networking idea created by Google Inc. By using this platform, people can create and join communities. In business, a lot of people say Google+ is necessary, and a lot of people think that having a Google+ site for business is a waste of time.
Reasons to use Google+:
- Interact with other communities: when you create a business page on Google+, you can interact with other users by liking their comments as well as replying and sharing news.
- Reviews: other users are able to search and review your business, including additional details and photos.
- Division of Circles: this classification can help you identify easily what posts you want different circles to see.
- Hangout: A good way to interact with your customers face to face.
- Hash tags: by using hash tags, business can get more exposure to users beyond your followers or your circle of friends.
Reasons to not use Google+:
- Your business already has a Twitter account and a Facebook page to promote your company, since the features of the social networks are similar, there is no need to use Google+.
- People are used to use Facebook and Twitter everyday, in comparison with Google+. Google+ is kind of deserted. So if your business want to get more audience, Google+ is not your choice.
- Google+ is censored by the government of China. This is why there are less people using Google+. If your business is focused in Asian countries, Google+ may not be a good social network to use.
- Restrictions: Google+ restricts people to use real names and real identities in order to register for a page.
- Privacy is a big problem in Google+. Also, + is problematic in some pages; so it’s not recommended to have a Google+ for your business.